Beijing - Sanlitun & Chaoyang (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sānlǐtún & Cháoyáng chapter from Lonely Planet’s Beijing guidebook.
Ponder Dōngyuè Temple and the oasis that is Rìtán Park; explore the 798 Arts District; visit the Olympic site for a modern-architecture fix; then it’s time to focus on Cháoyáng’s more hedonistic pleasures: shopping, eating and partying.
- discover China’s vibrant contemporary art scene at the 798 Art District
- hunt for arts, crafts and antique treasures at the wonderfully chaotic Pānjiāyuán Market
- drink some seriously good craft beer at Sānlǐtún’s many tap houses
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.