Beijing - Drum Tower & Dongcheng North (PDF Chapter)
This is the Drum Tower & Dōngchéng North chapter from Lonely Planet’s Beijing guidebook.
This hútòng-rich neighbourhood is the most pleasant area in which to stay. Book yourself into a hútòng hostel or a beautifully converted courtyard hotel, then wander around the lanes of this charming neighbourhood, getting pleasingly lost.
- lose yourself in the maze-like network of historic hútòng
- stroll the incense-filled halls and courtyards of Lama Temple, Beijing’s largest and most impressive Buddhist temple
- listen to a drumming performance inside the magnificent ancient Drum Tower, before climbing its equally impressive neighbouring Bell Tower
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout