Beijing - Beihai Park & Xicheng North (PDF Chapter)
This is the Běihǎi Park & Xīchéng North chapter from Lonely Planet’s Beijing guidebook.
Most of the Imperial City was in this part of Xīchéng, lending it a regal grandeur that survives to this day. Endowed with ancient temples and charming laneways, it’s one of the most worthwhile neighbourhoods to visit in all Běijīng.
- explore Běihǎi Park, once reserved for emperors only and one of the capital’s most striking imperial parks
- escape the city sprawl at Hòuhǎi Lakes, sedate during the day and raucous at night
- spend a morning at the impressive Capital Museum to understand the evolution of this great city
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.