Barcelona - Montjuic, Poble Sec & Sant Antoni (PDF Chapter)
This is the Montjuïc, Poble Sec & Sant Antoni chapter from Lonely Planet’s Barcelona guidebook.
Montjuïc hosts outstanding art collections alongside several lesser museums and the bulk of the 1992 Olympic installations. Take in the beautiful views of the verdant hill from the cable car, or explore on foot along the zigzagging forest paths.
- dedicate a day to the world’s most important collection of early-medieval art in the Rom-anesque halls of Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya (MNAC), followed by a masterpiece-filled stroll through six centuries of Catalan art
- view brilliant works from one of the giants of the art world, Fundació Joan Miró, which are all the more captivating inside the light-filled galleries designed by Josep Lluís Sert
- catch a ground-breaking art exhibition in Caixaforum, a Modernista former factory
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.