Barcelona - La Sagrada Familia & L’Eixample (PDF Chapter)
This is the La Sagrada Familia & L’Eixample chapter from Lonely Planet’s Barcelona guidebook.
The elegant, if traffic-filled, district of L’Eixample is a showcase for Modernista architecture, including Gaudí’s unfinished masterpiece, La Sagrada Família. L’Eixample also has a celebrated dining scene, along with high-end boutiques and wildly diverse nightlife.
- see history being made at Spain’s most visited monument and Gaudí’s greatest legacy, la Sagrada Família
- wander through the superbly preserved early 20th-century apartment inside the wavy Gau-dí edifice of la Pedrera
- marvel at the swirling, almost-alive facade of the Gaudí-designed Casa Batlló, with its wave-shaped window frames and balconies
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.