Barcelona - La Ribera (PDF Chapter)
This is the La Ribera chapter from Lonely Planet’s Barcelona guidebook.
This medieval quarter has a little of everything, from high-end shopping to some of Barcelo-na’s liveliest tapas bars. Key sights include the superb Museu Picasso, the awe-inspiring Gothic Basílica de Santa Maria del Mar and the artfully sculpted Modernista concert hall of Palau de la Música Catalana.
- admire the simplicity and beauty of Basílica de Santa Maria del Mar, a fine example of Cat-alan Gothic
- be introduced to the origins of Picasso’s genius at the fascinating museu Picasso, set in a series of interconnected palazzos.
- experience a show or just take a tour of the Modernista interior of the Palau de la Música Catalana
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout