Barcelona - Gracia & Park Guell (PDF Chapter)
This is the Gràcia & Park Güell chapter from Lonely Planet’s Barcelona guide-book.
Once a separate village north of L’Eixample, Gràcia retains its distinct character today, with a boho feel – it’s home to artists, hip local luminaries and young families, as well as the wonder-land of Park Güell.
- meander along the winding paths amid the wild sculptures, mosaics and columns of park Güell, Gaudí’s open-air wonderland high above the city
- admire the strange interplay of brick, chequerboard patterns and Moorish elements on Unesco-listed Casa Vicens, Gaudí’s first commission.
- shop for delectable local specialities (and sample them too) at the neighbourhood’s em-blematic market, Mercat de la Llibertat, dating from the 19th century
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout