Barcelona - Gracia & Park Guell (PDF Chapter)
This is the Gràcia & Park Güell chapter from Lonely Planet’s Barcelona guidebook.
Once a separate village north of L’Eixample, Gràcia retains its distinct character today – a boho feel that varies between chic and downtrodden. Here you’ll find Park Güell, well-worn cafes and bars, vintage shops and a smattering of multicultural eateries.
- get lost along the winding paths of Park Güell, exploring the wild sculptures, mosaics and columns of Gaudí’s verdant wonderland
- admire the strange interplay of brick, chequerboard patterns and Moorish elements of Casa Vicens castle mansion, Gaudí’s first commission
- get high on chocolate in la Nena, while playing a few board games and nibbling on crêpes
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.