Barcelona - El Raval (PDF Chapter)
This is the El Raval chapter from Lonely Planet’s Barcelona guidebook.
Long one of the most rough-and-tumble parts of Barcelona, El Raval is now so hip – in a grungy, inner-city way – that barcelonins have even invented a verb for rambling around it: rav-alejar.
- shop and browse at buzzing and beautiful Mercat de la Boqueria, and tuck into some tapas at one of the lively bars.
- explore historic Antic Hospital de la Santa Creu and relax under the trees in its elegant courtyard
- get to grips with the occasionally challenging art collection at Macba and watch the skaters performing their tricks in the space at the front
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.