*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Barcelona - El Raval (PDF Chapter)
This is the El Raval chapter from Lonely Planet’s Barcelona guidebook.
Long one of the most rough-and-tumble parts of Barcelona, El Raval has seen remarkable rejuvenation in recent years. It is now so hip in a grungy, inner-city way that barcelonins have even invented a verb for rambling around: ravalejar.
- shop and browse at Mercat de la Boqueria, a buzzing and beautiful market, and eat at one of the lively bars
- explore the historic Antic Hospital de la Santa Creu building and relax with a coffee in its courtyard cafe
- get to know the art collection at Macba and watch the skaters in front
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Limited time only. Join the party and get 3 for 2 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.