Barcelona - Barceloneta & the Waterfront (PDF Chapter)
This is the Barceloneta & the Waterfront chapter from Lonely Planet’s Barcelona guidebook.
Barcelona’s long, sun-drenched waterfront provides a pleasant escape when you need a break from Gothic lanes and Modernisme. Northeast of the old city, here you’ll find tempting sea-food restaurants and waterfront bars along the palm-lined promenade.
- learn about Romans, Muslims, feudal lords and civil war freedom fighters at the Museu d’Història de Catalunya, followed by drinks in the rooftop restaurant
- step back in time at the fascinating Gothic shipyard Museu Marítim, and explore Barcelo-na’s rich maritime past
- study avant-garde paintings by contemporary Catalan artists at the Museu Can Framis in up-and-coming, formerly industrial neighbourhood of Poblenou
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.