Bangladesh - Understand Bangladesh and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
All the info you need on everything from history, war crime tribunals, endangered species and folk art to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the hottest topics affecting Bangladesh’s highly charged political scene
- info on the landscape, wildlife and environmental challenges of one of the greenest and most densely populated countries on the planet
- full coverage of the artistic soul of Bengal; from Bangla beats to the poetry of Rabindranath Tagore
- details on the richness of Bangladeshi culture, from its religious and ethnic diversity to its social customs
Coverage includes: Bangladesh Today, History, Environment: the Land, Animals, Birds, Plants and Environmental Issues, Arts & Literature: Literature, Music, Cinema, Folk Art and Modern Art, Bangladeshi Cuisine: Main Meals, Vegetarians & Vegans and Drinks, People & Culture: Religion, Language, Family and Customs, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health and Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.