Bangladesh - Rajshahi & Rangpur (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rajshahi & Rangpur chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bangladesh guidebook.
Modern-day Rajshahi and Rangpur divisions – which cover this heritage-strewn region – are rife with the tumbledown walls of many splendidly decaying ruins of ancient Buddhist and Hindu kingdoms.
- explore the ruined Paharpur monastery, Bangladesh’s standout archaeological site
- wander the ruined remains of Mahasthangarh, the country’s oldest known city
- walk through farming villages to the stunning Kantanagar Temple, Bangladesh’s finest example of Hindu architecture
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Rajshahi, Puthia, Sona Masjid (Gaud), Bogra, Mahasthangarh, Paharpur, Rangpur and Dinajpur.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.