Bangladesh - Dhaka Division (PDF Chapter)
This is the Dhaka Division chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bangladesh guidebook.
Enveloping the city of Dhaka, and including some destinations that make great day trips from the capital, Dhaka division stretches for more than 250km from south to north, reaching right up to the border with the Garo Hills in India.
- explore charmingly dilapidated ruined mansions, little-visited ancient mosques and a stunning rajbari-turned-museum in Bangladesh’s one-time capital, Sonargaon
- plug yourself into the Adivasi way of life at this remote forested village of Birisiri
- hike, boat or ride a rickshaw to the small but stunning turquoise lake by the China Clay Hills
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sonargaon, Dhamrai and Mymensingh & around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.