Bangladesh - Dhaka (PDF Chapter)
This is the Dhaka chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bangladesh guidebook.
Dhaka is not a quiet, retiring place. The city, bursting with nearly 17 million people (most of whom often seem to be stuck in the same traffic jam as you), is a gloriously noisy and chaotic place, bubbling with energy.
- board a rowboat down at the gritty docks of Sadarghat and cross the manic Buriganga River, the very lifeblood of this enormous city
- see some of Dhaka’s thousands of cycle-rickshaws being made – and buy a piece of rickhshaw art for yourself on Bangshal Rd
- get lost wandering the fascinating, overcrowded alleyways of Old Dhaka (Puran Dhaka)
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.