Bangkok - Thewet & Dusit (PDF Chapter)
This is the Thewet & Dusit chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bangkok guidebook.
Thewet has the hectic, buzzy feel often associated with Bangkok: relentless traffic, throngs of civil servants and school kids, and a soggy market. Dusit, on the other hand, is possibly Bang-kok’s most orderly district, home to tree-lined avenues and regal monuments.
- witness Victorian sense and Thai sensibilities merge in the fairy-tale-like former royal en-clave of Dusit Palace Park
- cheer on Thai boxing – the sport that makes Steven Seagal look as soft as a pillow – at the county’s most venerable and prestigious venue, Rajadamnern Stadium
- enjoy tasty, breezy, open-air dining at the area’s riverside restaurants such as Khinlom Chom Sa-Phan
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.