*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Bangkok - Thewet & Dusit (PDF Chapter)
This is the Thewet & Dusit chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bangkok guidebook.
Thewet has the hectic, buzzy feel often associated with Bangkok: relentless traffic, throngs of civil servants and school kids, and a soggy market. Dusit, on the other hand, is possibly Bangkok’s most orderly district, home to tree-lined avenues and regal monuments.
- witness Victorian sense and Thai sensibilities merge in the former royal enclave of Dusit Palace Park
- see Thai boxing – the sport that makes Steven Seagal look as soft as a pillow – at Ratchadamnoen Stadium
- wander among the Carrara marble, European-style frescos and red carpets of Wat Benchamabophit
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Explore: Thewet & Dusit, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife and Entertainment.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.