Bangkok - Sukhumvit (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sukhumvit chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bangkok guidebook.
The Sukhumvit is generally more about eating and drinking than about sightseeing. Jump on the BTS (Skytrain) and discover the street’s various vibes, from the street markets and touts of Lower Sukhumvit to the well-concealed compounds of the wealthy near BTS Phrom Phong.
- witness ancient northern Thailand in contemporary Bangkok at Ban Kamthieng
- rejuvenate at one of Th Sukhumvit’s excellent-value spas
- get lost in Khlong Toey Market, one of the city’s largest
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Explore: Sukhumvit, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.