*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Bangkok - Siam Square, Pratunam, Phloen Chit & Ratchathewi (PDF Chapter)
This is the Siam Square, Pratunam, Phloen Chit & Ratchathewi chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bangkok guidebook.
Siam Sq, Pratunam and Phloen Chit combine to form the de facto geographical and commercial centre of modern Bangkok. Huge malls, towering hotels and open-air shopping centres dominate the area – if you’re serious about shopping, you’ve come to the right place.
- visit Jim Thompson House, the teak mansion that put Thai style on the map – before its ex-spy owner disappeared off that map
- make a wish at the crossroads of commerce and faith that is the Erawan Shrine
- explore Baan Khrua, the canal-side Muslim village where Jim Thompson first encountered Thai silk
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Explore: Siam Square, Pratunam, Phloen Chit & Ratchathewi, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.