Bangkok - Riverside, Silom & Lumphini (PDF Chapter)
This is the Riverside, Silom & Lumphini chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bangkok guidebook.
Th Silom is Bangkok’s de facto financial district, while adjacent Th Sathon is home to many of the city’s embassies. Incongruously, lower Th Silom functions as Bangkok’s gaybourhood. The Riverside area is significantly less flashy, and is great for an aimless wander among old build-ings.
- indulge in a meal at Nahm, possibly the best Thai restaurant in the city and – if you believe the critics – one of the best restaurants in the world
- soak up the views at Moon Bar and the area’s other tower-top bars
- relax Bangkok-style among the exercisers and exercise-observers in Lumphini Park, the ‘lungs of the city’
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout