*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Bangkok - Riverside, Silom & Lumphini (PDF Chapter)
This is the Riverside, Silom & Lumphini chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bangkok guidebook.
The Silom is Bangkok’s de facto financial district, while adjacent Th Sathon is home to many of the city’s embassies. Incongruously, lower Th Silom functions as Bangkok’s lush gaybourhood. The Riverside area is significantly less flashy, and is great for an aimless wander among old buildings.
- confront your fear of snakes at Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute
- end the day (or start the night) with a dinner cruise on Mae Nam Chao Phraya
- relax Bangkok-style among the exercisers and exercise-observers in Lumphini Park, the ‘lungs of the city’
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Explore: Riverside, Silom & Lumphini, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.