Bangkok - Northern Bangkok (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Bangkok chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bangkok guide-book.
There are several reasons to visit Northern Bangkok, but most people come for the markets: the northern suburbs are home to some of the city’s best. Chatuchak Weekend Market draws tens of thousands of shoppers and is a hectic but must-do Bangkok experience.
- get lost in the one of the world’s largest markets, Chatuchak Weekend Market – a must-do Bangkok experience
- follow Bangkok’s hipsters to eccentric, art-themed Chang Chui
- ditch the smog and traffic of the big city and head to the rural-feeling island of Ko Kret in Mae Nam Chao Phraya
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.