Bangkok - Ko Ratanakosin & Thonburi (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ko Ratanakosin & Thonburi chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bangkok guidebook.
The artificial island of Ko Ratanakosin boasts incredible remnants of the city’s history, in-cluding Wat Phra Kaew and the Grand Palace, and Wat Pho. Across the river, neighbouring Thonburi has less to offer in terms of sights, but is great to explore.
- try to stop your jaw from dropping to the floor upon encountering Wat Pho’s enormous Re-clining Buddha for the first time
- get up close and personal with iconic riverside Wat Arun
- bask in the glow of the Emerald Buddha at Wat Phra Kaew, Thailand’s most sacred tem-ple
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout