Ends Monday June 25. Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Bangkok - Ko Ratanakosin & Thonburi (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Ko Ratanakosin & Thonburi chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bangkok guidebook.
The artificial island of Ko Ratanakosin boasts incredible remnants of the city’s history, including Wat Phra Kaew and the Grand Palace, and Wat Pho. Across the river, neighbouring Thonburi has less to offer in terms of sights, but is great for a spot of urban exploration.
- try to stop your jaw from dropping to the floor upon encountering the enormous reclining Buddha at Wat Pho
- get lost in the weirdness of commerce that is the Amulet Market
- bask in the glow of the Emerald Buddha at Wat Phra Kaew
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Explore: Ko Ratanakosin & Thonburi, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.