Bangkok - Excursions from Bangkok (PDF Chapter)
This is the Excursions from Bangkok chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bangkok guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Bangkok, each offering unique insights into Thailand. Must-sees include the sprawling temples of Ayuthaya and the powerful monuments of Kanchanaburi.
- immerse yourself in ancient history at Ayuthaya, a Unesco World Heritage site and major pilgrimage site
- dig your toes into the squeaky sand beaches of Ko Samet, only a few hours from Bang-kok
- explore Amphawa’s canal-side setting and ancient wooden houses
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Ayuthaya Historical Park, Ko Samet, Amphawa, Phetchaburi, Kanchanaburi, Khao Yai.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout