*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Bangkok - Chinatown (PDF Chapter)
This is the Chinatown chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bangkok guidebook.
Chinatown embodies everything that’s hectic, noisy and polluted about Bangkok, but that’s what makes it such a fascinating area to explore. Hit the area’s big sights – Wat Traimit (Golden Buddha) and the street markets –but be sure to do some map-free wandering as well.
- watch chaos and commerce battle it out in Talat Mai, Chinatown’s frenetic, photogenic fresh-food market
- witness 5.5 tonnes of solid gold Buddha at Wat Traimit
- check out the oil-stained machine shops, hidden Chinese temples and twisting lanes of Talat Noi
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Explore: Chinatown, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating and Drinking & Entertainment.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.