*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Bangkok - Chinatown (PDF Chapter)
This is the Chinatown chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bangkok guidebook.
Chinatown embodies everything that’s hectic, noisy and polluted about Bangkok, but that’s what makes it such a fascinating area to explore. Hit the area’s big sights – Wat Traimit (Golden Buddha) and the street markets –but be sure to do some map-free wandering as well.
- watch chaos and commerce battle it out in Talat Mai, Chinatown’s frenetic, photogenic fresh-food market
- witness 5.5 tonnes of solid gold Buddha at Wat Traimit
- check out the oil-stained machine shops, hidden Chinese temples and twisting lanes of Talat Noi
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Explore: Chinatown, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating and Drinking & Entertainment.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.