*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Bangkok - Banglamphu (PDF Chapter)
This is the Banglamphu chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bangkok guidebook.
Antique shophouses, classic restaurants, ancient temples: Banglamphu is old Bangkok encapsulated in one leafy, breezy district. Come evening, young locals flood the area in search of a cheap meal and a cold Chang, giving the area an entirely different vibe.
- visit Th Khao San: more than just backpackers with dreadlocks, it is a unique cultural melting pot with something for (almost) everyone
- take in the panoramic views of old Bangkok from Golden Mount
- sit and gaze at the huge Buddha and sky-high murals in Wat Suthat
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Explore: Banglamphu, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.