Banff, Jasper & Glacier National Parks - Waterton Lakes National Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Waterton Lakes National Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s Banff, Jasper & Glacier National Parks guidebook.
Little Waterton packs a punch. Unrivaled in North America for offering almost instant access to rugged stretches of high alpine terrain well above the treeline, the park is a sanctuary for grizzlies, elk and cougar and about 800 wildflower species.
- take in beautiful scenery and sweeping views along the Carthew-Alderson Trail
- explore age-old geological formations in Red Rock Canyon
- relax after a hike in the welcoming and scenic hamlet of Waterton
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Day Hikes, Cycling, Driving, Sights, Fishing & Boating, Waterton Townsite, Cameron Lake, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.