Banff, Jasper & Glacier National Parks - Understand Banff & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Parks Today, History, Geology, Wildlife, Conservation, Health & Safety, Clothing & Equipment, Directory A–Z, and Transportation chapters from Lonely Planet’s Banff, Jasper & Glacier National Parks guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, geology, wildlife and clothing & equipment to flights, public transport, climate, safety, conservation... you name it. Includes tips for women travelers, and travelers with disabilities.
- a rundown on clothing and equipment
- info on the parks’ geology
- full coverage of wildlife found in the parks
- details on health and safety
Coverage includes: Parks Today, History, Geology, Wildlife, Conservation, Health & Safety, Clothing & Equipment, Directory A–Z, Transportation , and Behind the Scenes.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.