Banff, Jasper & Glacier National Parks - Glacier National Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Glacier National Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s Banff, Jasper & Glacier National Parks guidebook.
Accessible yet at the same time authentically wild, few national parks are as magnificent and pristine as Glacier, where grizzly bears still roam in abundance.
- walk among ancient rainforest on the Trail of the Cedars
- experience Glacier’s classic road trip on Going-to-the Sun Road
- spot bears in Two Medicine Valley
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Going-to-the-Sun Road, Gunsight Pass Trail, Boating, White-Water Rafting & Float Trips, Horseback Riding, Skiing & Snowshoeing, Fishing, Day Hikes, Cycling, Driving, Sights, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.