Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks - Waterton Lakes National Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Waterton Lakes National Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks guidebook.
Here, flat prairies collide dramatically with the Rockies, with a sparkling lake and a hilltop cas-tle straight out of a fairy tale. However, Waterton Lakes National Park is rarely known to outside visitors, remaining a pocket of sublime tranquillity.
- take in beautiful scenery and sweeping views along the Carthew-Alderson Trail
- explore age-old geological formations in Red Rock Canyon
- relax after a hike in the welcoming, bucolic hamlet of Waterton
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Day Hikes, Driving, Cycling, Other Activities, Sights, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.