Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks - Understand Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Parks Today, History, Geology, Wildlife, Conservation, Health & Safety, Clothing & Equipment, Directory A–Z, and Transportation chapters from Lonely Planet’s Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, geology, wildlife and clothing & equipment to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travel-lers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on clothing and equipment
- info on the parks’ geology
- full coverage of wildlife found in the parks
- details on health and safety
Coverage includes: The Parks Today, History, Geology, Wildlife, Con-servation, Health & Safety, Clothing & Equipment, Directory A–Z, and Transportation.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation