Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks - Jasper National Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Jasper National Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks guidebook.
Filled with the kind of immense scenery that could turn the most monosyllabic hermit into a romantic poet, Jasper is a rugged beauty; it’s more raw and less tourist-pampering than its south-ern cousin Banff, so host to a more ambitious, adventurous visitor.
- enjoy flat easy trails, accessible on foot from Jasper Town, beside glacial lakes, rocky knolls and the swirling currents of the Athabasca River
- walk the short loops on Maligne Lake's north shore, the steep hikes to viewpoints in the surrounding hills or embark on the backcountry Skyline trail
- explore roadless wilderness by food or on horseback in Tonquin Valley
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Icefields Parkway, Jasper Town & Around, Maligne Lake, Day Hikes, Overnight Hikes, Driving, Cycling, Other Activities, Sights, Sleeping, Eating.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation