Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks - Glacier National Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Glacier National Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks guidebook.
Few places on earth are as magnificent and pristine as Glacier. Protected in 1910 during the first flowering of the American conservationist movement, Glacier ranks with Yellowstone, Yo-semite and the Grand Canyon among the United States’ most astounding natural wonders.
- find solitude and hike backcountry trails in North Fork Valley
- travel through the heart of the park for astounding views on Going-to-the Sun Road
- see glaciers, spot wildlife and experience the park’s full mix of scenery in Many Glacier Valley
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Going-to-the-Sun Road, Gunsight Pass Trail, Day Hikes, Cycling, Other Activities, Sights, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Entertainment, Shop-ping.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation