Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks - Banff National Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Banff National Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks guidebook.
In the hit parade of top sights in Canada, Banff justifiably ranks as many people’s number one. As much a piece of Canadian history as a natural wonder, the nation’s oldest national park is what Canada is all about.
- explore the lakes, waterfalls and ubiquitous rivers of ice in Icefields Parkway
- watch wildlife around the local rivers and lakes of Banff Town
- hike above the treeline in Sunshine Meadows
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Banff Town & Around, Lake Louise & Around, Mt As-siniboine, Icefields Parkway, Day Hikes, Overnight Hikes, Driving, Cycling, Other Activities, Sights, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.