Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks - Around Banff National Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Around Banff National Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks guidebook.
Although many visitors never venture much beyond Banff, it’s well worth taking the time to explore the area outside the park, which is blessed with the same sky-high scenery, but with fewer visitors and quieter trails.
- hike remote backcountry trails in Mt Assiniboine Provincial Park
- soak in a volcanic spring at Radium Hot Springs
- get your adrenaline fix white-water rafting or skiing in Golden
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Canmore, Kananaskis Country, Yoho National Park, Lake O’Hara, Mt Assiniboine Provincial Park, Kootenay National Park & Radium Hot Springs, Golden.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation