Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks - Around Glacier National Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Around Glacier National Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks guidebook.
After a day spent exploring Glacier’s natural wonders, the communities surrounding the park provide a welcome taste of civilization. The tiny towns of West Glacier, East Glacier and St Mary provide a wealth of tourist services, including campgrounds, motels and restaurants.
- step back in time and overnight in an historic lodge
- enjoy dining in rustic-yet-hip Whitefish
- explore the excellent Museum of the Plains Indians in Browning
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: West Glacier, St Mary, East Glacier, Blackfeet Indian Reservation, Whitefish.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.