*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Bali & Lombok - West Bali (PDF Chapter)
This is the West Bali chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bali & Lombok guidebook.
Even as development from south Bali creeps ever further west, Bali’s true west, off the busy main road from Tabanan to Gilimanuk, remains mostly little visited. It’s easy to find serenity amid its wild beaches, jungle and rice fields.
When to Go
The best time to visit west Bali is during the dry season from April to September, although re-cent weather patterns have made the dry season wetter and the wet season drier. Hiking and trekking in Taman Nasional Bali Barat is much easier when it isn’t muddy, and the waters of Pu-lau Menjangan are at their world-class best for diving on clear days.
Along the coast, the west has yet to develop a peak season − although surfing is best in months without an ‘r’. Yet even in busy months you’ll still find the waves less crowded than you will further south.
- revel in the cool beach vibe and pounding surf visuals at Balian Beach, where surfer hang-outs and stylish digs rub shoulders
- nail the long left break at the low-key haven of Pantai Medewi
- find your own tranquil corner at Pura Taman Ayun, one of Bali’s most evocative tem-ples
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Pura Tanah Lot, Pura Taman Ayun, Cemagi, Marga, Tabanan & Around, Balian Beach, Jembrana Coast, Negara & Around, Belimbingsari & Palasari, Cekik, Gilimanuk.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.