No code necessary. See terms.
Bali & Lombok - Ubud & Around (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Ubud & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bali & Lombok guide-book.
From nightly cultural performances to museums showing the works of artists whose creativity flowered here to the unbelievably green rice fields that spill down lush hillsides to rushing rivers below, Ubud is a feast for the soul.
When to Go
From October to April the weather is slightly cooler but much wetter than in the south; expect it to rain at any time. At night, mountain breezes make air-con unnecessary and let you hear the symphony of frogs, bugs and distant gamelan practices echoing over the rice fields through your screened window.
Temperatures during the day average 30°C and at night 20°C, although extremes are possi-ble. Seasonal variation is muted.
Peak season: July, August and the Christmas holidays bring a huge influx of visitors and lodgings and restaurants are booked.
In October, the Ubud Writers & Readers Festival is hugely popular.
- feel the rhythm of a traditional Balinese cultural event, one of Ubud’s great night-time pag-eants
- while away the hours among new friends at a breezy Ubud cafe with excellent locally roasted coffee
- refine your batik technique and sambal recipes by taking instruction from one of Ubud’s talented locals
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ubud & Around, Bedulu, Pejeng, Mas, Tegallalang, Tampaksiring, Blahbatuh & Around, Kutri, Bona & Belega, Batuan, Sukawati & Puaya, Singa-padu, Celuk, Batubulan.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.