Bali & Lombok - South Bali & The Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the South Bali & the Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bali & Lombok guidebook.
You haven't seen Bali if you haven’t explored its south. The island’s capital, Denpasar, sprawls in all directions from the centre with traditional markets, busy malls, great eating and lashings of Balinese history and culture.
- pick a lobster for the grill at one of the many beachfront seafood joints at Jimbaran
- find a perfectly retro-chic place to stay the night in the back lanes of Bingin
- surf Bali’s ultimate breaks at the internationally revered swell magnet of Ulu Watu
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bukit Peninsula, Jimbaran & Around, Central Bukit, Balangan Beach, Bingin, Padang Padang, Ulu Watu & Around, Ungasan & Around, Nusa Dua, Tanjung Benoa, Sanur & Around, Pulau Serangan, Benoa Harbour, Denpasar, Nusa Lem-bongan & Islands, Nusa Lembongan, Nusa Ceningan, Nusa Penida.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.