*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page. See terms.
Bali & Lombok - North Bali (PDF Chapter)
This is the North Bali chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bali & Lombok guidebook.
The big draw here is the incredible diving and snorkelling at nearby Pulau Menjangan. Arc-ing around a nearby bay, booming Pemuteran may be Bali’s best beach escape. To the east is Lovina, a sleepy beach strip.
When to Go
Most of north Bali doesn’t have a high season in terms of visitors.
The exceptions are Pemuteran, which is busy July, August and around Christmas and New Year; as are the diving and snorkelling sites around Menjangan, which can get overcrowded with schools of swimming visitors.
Weather-wise north Bali is drier than the south. Days of perpetual sun are the norm year-round (most visitors get accommodation with air-con). The only real variation is when you venture back into the hills; mornings can be cool.
- plunge into the depths at Pulau Menjangan, Bali’s best dive spot, or enjoy the show while snorkelling; all before discovering Bali’s oldest temple on the namesake island
- explore underwater marvels while staying at the idyllic beach town of Pemuteran
- lose track of time, but not of your budget, at the laid-back, beachside town of Lovina
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Yeh Sanih, Singaraja & Around, Lovina & Around, Seririt & Around, Pemuteran, Banyuwedang, Labuhan Lalang, Bali Barat National Park.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.