Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Bali & Lombok - Lombok (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Lombok chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bali & Lombok guidebook.
Blessed with exquisite white-sand beaches, epic surf, a lush forested interior, and hiking trails through tobacco and rice fields, Lombok is fully loaded with equitorial allure. Mighty Gunung Rinjani, Indonesia’s second-highest volcano, comes with hot springs and dazzling crater lake.
If you’re going to the Gilis, a Lombok stopover is a must. It’s easy to get around the Lombok–Gilis–Bali triangle.
When to Go
Lombok is hot, sticky and tropical, with a marked rainy season (roughly late October and April). Climbing Gunung Rinjani can be more difficult than usual at this time.
The driest months coincide with the peak tourist period in July and August. You’ll need to balance crowds versus ideal weather.
The rainy season offers an excellent time to catch a local festival, such as the spectacular rice-throwing event called Perang Topat (held at Pura Lingsar in November or December), Pere-sean stick-fighting competitions (in December) or the Narmada buffalo races (in April).
- take the ride of your life on the temperamental break at Desert Point, Bangko-Bangko
- tackle Lombok’s incomparable sacred peak (and Indonesia’s second-highest volcano) of Gunung Rinjani, which lures trekkers with a challenging climb and surreal rewards
- set eyes on Pantai Mawan for the first time and gasp. And then gasp again as you contem-plate that there are a dozen more beaches in south Lombok just like it
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: West Lombok, Mataram & Around, Lembar, South-western Peninsula, Senggigi, North & Central Lombok, Bangsal to Bayan, Senaru, Sembalun Valley, Gunung Rinjani, Tetebatu, South Lombok, Praya & Around, Kuta & Around, East Lombok, Labuhan Lombok & Around.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.