Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Bali & Lombok - East Bali (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the East Bali chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bali & Lombok guidebook.
Wandering the roads of east Bali is one of the island’s great pleasures. Rice terraces spill down hillsides under swaying palms, wild volcanic beaches are washed by pounding surf and age-old villages soldier on with barely a trace of modernity.
When to Go
The best time to visit east Bali is during the dry season – April to September – although recent weather patterns have made the dry season wetter and the wet season drier. Hiking in the lush hills from Gunung Agung over to Tirta Gangga is much easier when it isn’t muddy.
Along the coast there’s little reason to pick one month over another; it’s usually just tropi-cal.
Top-end resorts may book up in peak season (July, August and Christmas), but it’s never jammed like south Bali.
To surf the breaks off the beaches northeast of Sanur, aim for October to March.
- sense Bali’s violent past and proud traditions of sacrifice at Semarapura’s historical site of Kertha Gosa
- trek the picture-perfect valley of Sideman
- chill with new friends at the mellow cafes and laid-back beaches of Padangbai
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Coast Road to Kusamba, Gianyar, Bangli, Semarapu-ra (Klungkung) & Around, Sideman, Pura Besakih, Gunung Agung, Kusamba & Around, Pa-dangbai & Around, Candidasa & Around, Amlapura & Around, Tirta Gangga & Around, Amed & the Far East Coast, Tulamben & Around, Yeh Sanih.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.