Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Bali & Lombok - Central Mountains (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Central Mountains chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bali & Lombok guide-book.
Gunung Batur (1717m) is constantly letting off steam; it has an other-worldly beauty that may overwhelm the attendant hassles of a visit. At Danau Bratan there are sacred Hindu temples while the village of Candikuning has an engrossing botanic garden.
When to Go
Bali’s central mountains can be cool and misty throughout the year. They also get a lot of rain and this is the starting point for the water that courses through rice terraces and fields all the way south. Temperatures show few seasonal variations but can drop to 10°C at night at high eleva-tions.
It rains most from October through April, but can pour at any time during the year.
There’s no peak tourist season, except when the group-tour hordes hit the Kintamani area during the peak visitor months of July and August. It’s a good idea to book ahead for Munduk too at this time.
- claim your own waterfall while trekking around the mountain idyll of Munduk
- hear the chant of priests at Pura Luhur Batukau, one of Bali’s holiest temples
- take a guided hike above and around the natural beauty and ancient temples of the an-cient volcanic lake of Danau Tamblingan
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Gunung Batur & Around, Danau Bratan & Around, Bedugul, Candikuning, Pancasari, Danau Tamblingan, Munduk & Around, Gunung Batukau Ar-ea, The Antosari Road.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.