Bali, Lombok & Nusa Tenggara - West Bali (PDF Chapter)
This is the West Bali chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bali, Lombok & Nusa Tenggara guidebook.
On the coast, surfers hit the breaks at Balian and Medewi. Some of Bali’s most sacred sites are here, from the everthronged Pura Tanah Lot to the lily-pad-dappled beauty of Pura Taman Ayun and the wonderful isolation of Pura Rambut Siwi.
- revel in the cool beach vibe and pounding surf visuals in Balian Beach, a place where surfer hang-outs and stylish digs rub shoulders
- nail the long left break at the low-key, quietly expanding haven of Pantai Medewi
- find your own tranquil corner at Pura Taman Ayun, one of Bali’s most evocative tem-ples
- restaurants & accommodation
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation