Bali, Lombok & Nusa Tenggara - South Bali & the Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the South Bali & the Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bali & Lombok guidebook.
The south coast of the Bukit Peninsula sees posh cliff-side resorts, but the west side is where the real action is. Small coves and beaches dotted with edgy guesthouses and luxe eco-resorts enjoy a cool vibe and fab surfing.
- pick a lobster for the grill at one of Jimbaran’s many beachfront seafood joints
- find a perfectly retro-chic place to stay the night in Bingin’s back lanes
- surf Bali’s ultimate breaks in Ulu Watu, an internationally revered swell magnet
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Denpasar, Sanur, Bukit Peninsula, Jimbaran, Central Bukit, Balangan Beach, Bingin, Padang Padang, Ulu Watu, Ungasan, Nusa Dua, Tanjung Benoa, Nusa Lembongan & Islands, Nusa Lembongan, Nusa Ceningan, Nusa Penida.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.