Bali, Lombok & Nusa Tenggara - Nusa Tenggara (PDF Chapter)
This is the Nusa Tenggara chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bali, Lombok & Nusa Tengga-ra guidebook.
If you’re seeking white sand, spectacular diving and surf, bubbling hot springs, majestic wa-terfalls and hidden traditional villages – away from Bali-esque crowds – then Nusa Tenggara is your wonderland.
- see dragons on land and then snorkel or dive with underwater critters, big and small in Komodo National Park
- explore a world of ancient cultures, volcanoes, lush rainforests and untrodden beaches from one end of Flores to the other
- discover West Timor’s remote villages characterised by beehive-shaped clan houses, like otherworldly Temkessi
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sumbawa, Jelenga, Maluk, Rantung Beach & Around, Sumbawa Besar, Pulau Moyo, Gunung Tambora, Pantai Lakey, Sape, Komodo & Rinca Islands, Komodo, Rinca, Flores, Labuan Bajo, Ruteng, Wae Rebo, Bajawa & Around, Riung, Ende, Kelimutu, Moni, Paga, Maumere, Waiara, Wodong, Alor Archipelago, Kalabahi, West Ti-mor, Kupang, Soe, None, Kefamenanu, Temkessi, Rote, Nemberala & Around, Sumba, Wainga-pu, West Sumba.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.