Bali, Lombok & Nusa Tenggara - Lombok (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lombok chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bali, Lombok & Nusa Tenggara guidebook.
Lombok’s steady hum catches the ear of travellers looking for something different from Bali. Blessed with exquisite white-sand beaches, epic surf, a lush forested interior and hiking trails through tobacco and rice fields, Lombok is fully loaded with equatorial allure.
- tackle Lombok’s incomparable sacred peak, Gunung Rinjani, which lures trekkers with a challenging climb and magnificent views of Rinjani’s sacred crater lake and the smoking mini-cone of Gunung Baru below
- take the ride of your life on the temperamental break at Desert Point, Bangko Bangko
- swim in the clear, turquoise-tinged water off pristine Pantai Selong Blanak, with its perfect swath of powdery white sand
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: West Lombok, Mataram, Senggigi, Southwestern Peninsula, Tanjung Desert, Gili Gede & the Southwest Gilis, North & Central Lombok, Gunung Rinjani, Sire, Northwest Coast, Senaru, Sembalun Valley, Tetebatu, South Lombok, Kuta, Gerupuk, Ekas, Selong Blanak.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Bali, Lombok & Nusa Tenggara - Understand Bali, Lombok & Nusa Tenggara and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)