Bali, Lombok & Nusa Tenggara - East Bali (PDF Chapter)
This is the East Bali chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bali, Lombok & Nusa Tenggara guidebook.
Exploring east Bali is one of the island’s great pleasures. Rice terraces spill down hillsides, wild volcanic beaches are pounded by surf and traditional villages are barely touched by moder-nity, all watched over by ‘Mother Mountain’ Gunung Agung.
- visit important temples and marvel at panoramic views on a magical uphill trek at Pura Lempuyang
- trek through green rice fields in picture-perfect Sidemen
- chill out in one of the little villages along the beautiful Amed Coast
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Gianyar, Klungkung (Semarapura), Bangli, Sidemen, Gunung Agung, Kusamba & Around, Padangbai, Manggis, Candidasa, Amlapura, Tirta Gangga, Amed & the Far East Coast, Tulamben, Northeast Coast.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Bali, Lombok & Nusa Tenggara - Understand Bali, Lombok & Nusa Tenggara and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)