Bali, Lombok & Nusa Tenggara - Central Mountains (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Mountains chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bali, Lombok & Nusa Tenggara guidebook.
Gunung Batur is constantly letting off steam; this place has an other-worldly beauty that may overwhelm the attendant hassles of a visit. At Danau Bratan there are sacred Hindu temples, while the village of Candikuning has an engrossing botanic garden.
- admire waterfalls while trekking around the mountain idyll of Munduk
- hear the chant of priests at Pura Luhur Batukau, one of Bali’s holiest temples
- hike past old temples on the banks of ancient Danau Tamblingan
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Gunung Batur & Around, Danau Batur & Around, Bedugul, Candikuning, Danau Buyan & Danau Tamblingan, Munduk, Gunung Batukau Area, The Antosari Road.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation